Friday, October 1, 2010

How fully I felt nature glued to me

this photo was taken in our outhouse, (yes outhouse) ;)
maybe I will get to blogging tomorrow, im really tired from the trip. before I post anything I guess id like to say that I didnt so much want to come back, but im here.
I painted
took photographs
read
and ATE
so muchhh!!
I really read up alot on botany, being surrounded by so many plants and all, and I really got into reading Descartes' meditations.
Vladimir Nabokov's Pale Fire is easily my favorite book as of now.
this photograph of our heavens was taken in the last moments of my stay, this was our sky on the evening I left, id just like to share this, I know you will love it:
"My picture book was at an early age
The painted parchment papering our cage:
Mauve rings around the moon; blood-orange sun;
Twinned Iris; and that rare phenomenon
The iridule--when beautiful and strange,
In a bright sky above a mountain range
One opal cloudlet in an oval form
Reflects the rainbow of a thunderstorm
Which in a distant valley has been staged--
For we are most artistically caged."