Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I miss waking up to heat collected rain water for an early morning shower,
I miss feeling hungry and going to the peach trees for a little snack,
I miss the fresh picked pomegranates.
I miss making salads depending on if the lemon tree had ripe lemons,
I miss living so in tune with the world around me.
I miss the air, the true air,
and the smells.
I miss the people but more so i miss the sounds,
I miss the hummingbirds and butterflies.
I miss the beautiful colored birds that just barely let themselves be seen.
I miss the rocky roads and muddy walks at 3 am.
I miss the sudden showers,
the fog at the tip of the mountains in the mornings.
And i miss the night sky still filled with clouds and sprinkled with stars,
a sight right out of the spaces of the Eagle nebula
but somehow more beautiful.
http://planetsmilies.net/confused-smiley-17541.gif